Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
FR
State
Seine et Marne
City
Biossise la Bertrand
A dear friend in the UK has trouble speaking and being understood through his breathing machine. His son, a stagehand in London, fixed a CONTACT MIKE to his Dad's throat (tied with a shoestring and the contact enhanced with vaseline) and rigged that to a small electric guitar amp. Suddenly our friend can speak quite distinctly with none of the breathing sounds interfering. He can even have speaker phone and Skype conversations. And the voice is his old self. I don't know if there are made to order rigs like this, but hope the info might be helpful. It has triggered a definite mood improvement to be able to communicate clearly.

Great idea! I wish that it would work for those of us who have completely lost our voices but my problem is not volume but the inability to make any kind of intelligible sounds. I know that it would really improve my day to be able to talk so way to go.

that is just wonderful for him. And I am sure it will make others who can do this stuff try it too.
I do not know what is available but if this is not, and it works as described, couldnt it be promoted and made on a larger scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back