Seemed to come on suddenly- prediagnosed signs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofia

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
Partner was diagnosed July '9. Sx began w/ hands being weak...speech slurred, slight twitches. These began @ Feb 09. Prev to this nothing that we can see. We keep looking back, people say that disease begins long b4 obvious sx. But partner was wild, active, guitar playing dynamo. ..til boom..couldn't play guitar as well & then progressed rapidly. Now, one year later, totally immobile, unable to talk.

Am so curious. What were these signs? He was always the most stubborn guy ever. Was this a sign?

Comments?

Hi Sofia,

I think what is meant about the disease beginning long before diagnosis, is that the process began slowly within the body and has pretty much done a ton of damage when we finally see the first symptoms.

I agree with CJ. Although the "stubborn" is interesting...Web is definately in that category and CJ's husband would fit there nicely! Right CJ! lolol Web is PIG HEADED!

I used to be able to whistle really good, and lost it. This happened a year or 2 before I noticed any other symptoms. Didn't think much of it at the time..

You know, I have to say this, and I have never said it before now except to my daughter. 20 + years ago when my parents lived in the home I grew up in, I noticed that my dad's head moved a bit "off" while we were watching TV. I remember thinking, my dad will die of Parkensons some day. I wasn't to far off. Then several years before the official diagnosed of ALS he had on and off twitching in his legs. My parents watched their health very carefully, due to their love of life and wanting to live it as long as possible, so the first sign of anything they were on it. They never saw the twitching as a sign of anything more than just some normal twitching that people get from time to time.
Hugs, Kari

Kari! Now you have done it! OMG t-w-i-t-c-h-i-n-g! lolol

I KNOW hahahahaha! But, just to clarify : YES FOLKS THERE IS SUCH A THING AS NORMAL TWITCHES WITHOUT HAVING ALS! hahaha Now shouldnt I post this on another topic we all know and um HATE?
Hugs, Kari

You know, IN English a twitcher is a bird watcher - birds as in feathered and beaked........;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back