Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
NY
City
NEW ROCHELLE
My father has been diagnosed with ALS back in June/July. The symptoms have been consistent with all the literature I have read. The disease has been progressing steadily up until then, however the disease has seen to have slowed down for now. I do have a concern, his limb has having shaking involuntarily. This shaking is really bad that he is holding down his leg, but it is still shaking. I don't know what this is about, is this a new disease that has showed up or this is part of ALS. The shaking is similar to the shaking in that occurs in Parkinson's disease patients.

Lou,

Clonus causes shakes and is common in ALS. I get it the worst in the morning.

Yes - my husband's legs shake now as he is standing for a bit trying to do something in one place.

hi,shaking of the legs is definatly clonus.
i have pls but i do get this as its a umn symptom.
sometimes my arms shake and i thought that too was clonus but my pt said it was due to weak torso muscles.

Re: Cant Resist

I usually shake first thing in the morning.

Right after I go "AHHhhhhhhhhhh"

Then its done.

Last edited:
Glen... they're talking about "limbs" is there something we would find interesting to know about you?

I don't wanna know, thanks very much anyway!

Like Red Green said "A man over 50 going to the bathroom is kinda like a fireworks show, lots of oohs and ahhhs and you never know when it is going to start or end" :grin::grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back