Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Corry
I am a 23 year old male...

I have a question for those who have taken the lung function test. I had the test done today at a routine physical. I was having some trouble with the test where you blow as hard as you can into a tube. I had the test done 6 times. The results were in order 68, 70, 76, 66, 70, 78. In the end the readings said I had the lungs of a 52 year old. Although I "passed," this is the second time in 6 months where my reading are coming back mixed like this. I have been having minor problems getting a big breath at times.

Are these readings something to worry about?

The readings are always mixed like that. That's why they do them several times; usually, they record the best score.

I would talk to your doctor about the scores. It's impossible for a layman on the Internet to say what they mean.

I had one done over a year ago and it said <75%. It meant that my breathing was declining but not at a point where i needed assistance. Everytime i go to the neurologist now i have to breathe in a plastic thing, they never say my results or talk to me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back