Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
Sorry to post twice in a short period. As I've mentioned, my right ear has felt clogged now for a couple months. I wanted to mention that it almost feels like a tightness, or a strange feeling from my right ear all the way down to the back of my throat. I don't have any problems swallowing, but I am constantly aware of the right side of my throat, like I have major post nasal drip, except I don't. Has anyone experienced this symptom? The doctors I've been through can't figure it out.

Michelle, it doesn't sound even remotely associated with ALS. Among other reasons, ALS does not start with"feelings" ... like, "feeling strange," or "feeling clogged." It starts with muscle weakness.

I assume you've seen an Ear, Nose, Throat doctor?

Thank you Beth for responding. The ENT told me that he couldn't find anything wrong with the pressure in my ear. It gets worse as the days goes on. Do you experience any ear pressure Beth?

No, I never have, and my bulbar symptoms have really progressed about as far as they can go (I hope!).

I don't know how the ears could be connected to ALS, since they are not muscles, or what kind of muscle weakness could produce the sensations you mention. That's why it just doesn't sound at all right to be ALS connected.

Hope you get the mystery solved soon!

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back