Other
Country
US
State
IL
City
Evanston
Hi,

So I had my EMG today which lasted for about 1 hour. The nerve test was fine but the EMG test was abnormal. The neuro said that I have some irritation in the C6-C7 area of the spine which is irritating the motor nerves of my left arm. The bicep (C4-C5) results were perfectly normal for the motor nerves. At this point, he says that it could be a pinch nerve even though in the MRI, there is some degeneration in the C6-C7 area on the right side of the neck (however, my weakness is on the left).

He said to follow-up with him in one month but at this point, he is leaning towards a pinch nerve. However, how can you explain for my other symptoms which include twitching, shortness of breath, neck and throat tightness, and cramps.

Take it from somebody who does have als, go for the pinched nerve. It may not explain the rest of the symptoms, but If he says pinched nerve, I would go with that.;)

I agree with Betty, if the doc says he thinks it is more likely a pinced nerve, agree with him! I am convinced a pinched nerve is causing my troubles - they just haven't found it yet (its hiding...).

Pinched nerves can cause a variety of problems, to include twitching, weakness, stiffness and other stuff (like pain).

Hey, if you want a medical term, I call it PNS (pinched nerve syndrome). It is not life threatening but gives you something to share with your friends when they ask what your problems are attributed to.

Good for you! A probable pinched nerve! Join the club!

Zaphoon

We had a friend with a c6/c7 herniation that was presenting with a drop foot.

We have a herniated disc at T6/T7 that presented as als...the full blown drop foot/weakness/atrophy/fasciculations/dirty emg in 2 regions/etc.

Many of your symptoms can be caused by a pinched nerve/stress combo.

Try to calm down..you got what sounds like really good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back