Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
keystone heights
Lately i've had these in my thighs....its like the muslce contracts and holds for like 2 seconds and hen relaxes....any ideas what this would be called or considered? just an odd feeling...input would be appreciated. Thanks

hi cody.
i am not sure,a spasm tends to effect a whole limb or large muscle.
if it was a cramp i suspect it would be painfull.
sounds like a muscle contraction/twitch.
when i first started symptoms in my legs i used to get something odd in my right thigh,the muscle would ripple in huge waves all along the thigh.
sorry i can not help more.

I have all sorts of different twitches, some HUGE others small and then there is the constant buzzing, feels like I have been plugged in to the electric supply and it is shorting. I am sure others will have descriptions of different twitches...nature of this awful thing. All I know is that as I have progressed the type and strength have changed.

cody~

I think that it is still a twitch. The muscles are bigger in your thigh. I think I know what you mean, as I get those as well. IT is more of a pull and release rather than fleeting twitch. I just think twitches come in all sizes!

I know it's difficult, but please don't try to consume yourself with comparing twitches among others. Everyone is different. You've been on this forum for awhile now, and I believe you have been told that your condition points away from ALS. I have been in your exact same boat, but you will go insane if you analyze every twitch you have.

i also get these in my calfs, about 30 odd a day and they are painful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back