Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Wa
City
Tacoma
Hello everyone. I’m a 30 year old female and would love to get some feedback from people with more knowledge of these things than myself. So this all began at the beginning December. I noticed my hands would go limp for a second and then be fine. I googled and googled and figured maybe it was from holding my phone too much.

Then I heard ALS mentioned on the news and decided to google it. As I’m looking at the symptoms list I realize I had been feeling muscle twitches for who knows how long. Worst mistake I’ve ever made.

Since then I’ve been in panic mode, but more recently I’ve grown more concerned about what’s going on. I notice the bottom of one of my feet is much thinner than the other and it looks like there is no muscle tone on the side of my foot (pinky toe side). I do feel some weakness but I can still walk on toes and heels although I feel like my leg muscles are compensating for the weakness in my foot/ankle.

I also have had an issue with the area above my knee/inner thigh. It’s much thinner on one side and has an odd dent or dimple right above the knee. I have had some sensory symptoms in the knee area so not sure what’s going on there. I was sent for an X-ray if my back but that came back normal. The pinky toe side of my right foot and ankle always feel much colder than the other foot but it’s not sensory they are cold but that area just feels more cold.

I went for a physical and mentioned my knee because that’s what was worrying me at the time he wasn’t very thorough and I’m wondering if I should go back and mention my foot. I will also mention that the muscle twitches are mainly in my right leg with some twitches in other random areas. Does this sound concerning?

Last edited by a moderator:
ALS does not present as you describe, Tacoma. Legs and arms typically differ from side to side. I'd work on stretches, walking, bodywork, and de-stressing with the realization that everyone has twitches and your mind, amplified by Google, has great power to find every tiny anomaly in your body.

If you have an ongoing gait problem, you might see a podiatrist who could evaluate your footwear, etc.

No one here is going to be concerned about the diseases that we deal with in our neck of the woods -- a very good thing.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back