Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
TN
City
Knoxville
The first thing I want to say is thank you for having a place like this, where people can go to voice their concerns.

For that past 3 months, I've had disequilibrium. If you don't know me, you can't tell, but I feel off balance when I walk. It becomes especially pronounced if I stand with my eyes closed or move my head quickly when I'm walking. I have also had fasiculations for as long as I can remember as well. Mainly in my calves, triceps, and back.

It seems like it whatever it is is affecting my coordination, but when I allow myself to be rational I realize that I'm probably magnifying every little mistake that I have always made in regards to fine motor control.

Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night with a burning sensation down my left arm. It's usually affecting my pinky and ring fingers. My left arm feels weird and I'm worried about what's going on. About a month ago, before the symptoms with the left arm began I had an MRI of my brain. The doctor has called me back and told me that my MRI was normal. I was briefly overjoyed and then, of course, I went back to doing what we shouldn't do when we have symptoms....I googled.

I'm 29 years old, and it's terrifying me to think what this could be. I'm currently awaiting hearing back from a neurologist to set up an appointment. It seems like it takes forever to get a referral and appointment set up.

Again, thank you all for having a forum like this. It really helps.

Hi there- please have a read here: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html It pretty comprehensively covers what does and does not constitute symptoms that point to or away from ALS.

Can't say what your reported symptoms point to, but ALS is not one of them given all of your reported symptoms are sensations. Twitching is as common as having a cough- and indicates as much as a cough does- it could mean anything or nothing.

Keep working with your doctors. You have very accurately assessed your ability to magnify all of your varied sensations- the more you look, the more they're amplified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back