Country
US
State
VA
City
Ashburn
Dear responders
I am Ali
I have some misconceptions and also fears about my symptoms which i wanted to be shared and responded.
1 and half a month ago i had wierd fatigue which made me disturb from running and climbing.jus fatigue. I did blood test and it came back clean. I should confess that after 1 week it made me scared. Because it made my calves tired. Then suddenly one night my left quadricep started to twitch like crazy for 1 minut so fast. I just open the google and search for it and it gave me Als which can cause fatigue and twitching beside other symptoms in early stages. Then it spread to all of my body every where. My arms and feet strength reduced for example when i drived my arms got shake and tired of holding steering wheel and i changed rapidly my hands. I went to neurologist and he examined me hardly and said that it is nothing and be calm you are better than any one. He gave half a mlg clonazepam before sleeping to make me sleep. But after 2 weeks after withdrawal of clonazepam one morning i wake up with totally weakness right arm which i couldnt even clench my hand. I was scared so much. But when i woke up my strength came back to normal. Until now i have this problem. My hand gets weak in the morning and then after waking up for wc or breakfast it is fine.but no atrophy and no weakness during the day. It scared me. My twitchings are getting calm. During the day i lift weights at gym but also previous week i have respiratory problems shortness of breath specially after ejaculation it kills me. But the it gets better after 3 or 4 hours. Does als symptoms are come and go like this?
How many months it takes from starting the als to be suspect it clinically?

Last edited:
Not ALS. A drug like clonzepam would not make ALS go away, and as far as how many months it takes to be recognized, no one knows but usually it is years.
I suggest you stay away from the internet and leave diagnosing to medical professionals.
Al

Not ALS. A drug like clonzepam would not make ALS go away, and as far as how many months it takes to be recognized, no one knows but usually it is years.
I suggest you stay away from the internet and leave diagnosing to medical professionals.
Al

Doctor didnt gave me clonazepam for als. Just fir relaxation. After giving this drug up the weakness of my arm started in mornings during sleep and then after waking up it disappears.

Al

Thank you very much fire fighter man...
I wish you the best:)

Hello, Ali.

You did not describe ALS at all.
Your google search gave you bad information.

Your doctor was right.
Everything you describe says that you are feeling stress, probably from some change in your life.

Hello, Ali.

You did not describe ALS at all.
Your google search gave you bad information.

Your doctor was right.
Everything you describe says that you are feeling stress, probably from some change in your life.
Thanks so much for the replies and heartwarming answers... I think i have to much anxiety which mimics the symptoms. And another question is: does breathing problems occur all the time in als? Or comes and goes?

Hello everyone
I have gotten my emg results and there are somethings that i dont understand about it and i need help because will see my neuro dc next week.
First of all Fib- PSW- Fasc in all muscle samples are all zero.
But in activity part AMP, Dur and Phase in Lt. Biceps- Lt.FCR- Rt.Biceps and Rt.FCR are 2+ and Recruitments are Discrete.
However, Lt.EDC-Rt.EDC are 1+ and recruitments reduced. But the other muscle parts are full.
In summary it writes: Neurogenic changes were seen in some sampled muscle.
There is no EDX evidence of ongoing process.
Guys can you help me in this results cause i am worried about ALS results.
Than you so much for patients

I, all those zeroes say no ALS as does the interpretation. I am not sure what you are seeing and where AMP refers to part of the ncs test ( shocks) which when abnormal is something other than ALS. ALS is seen in the EMG ( needle part) and the fibs and psws are a big part ( not all, fibs and psws can be something else) of what is looked for in an ALS workup

Relax Your neuro will explain it but you look good to go

Thank you for your reply NIKKI i ll appreciate your answer.
On the other hand it writes that:
1.bilateral C5 to C7 radiculopathy which is moderate in C5- C6 and mild in C7 roots.
2. Bilateral mild and ignorable L5 roots irritation.
Are these related to als results?

However as you mentioned the most important parameters of als diagnosis are Fibs and PSWs isnt it?

Those two findings relate to damaged cervical and lumbar disks, very far from ALS. The nerve roots become irritated. If this damage is seriously affecting the spinal cord, surgery can be advised, but that is not the picture you present. Usually physical therapy can help, so I would ask about that.

Wow...so i think the psooibility of als is going to be removed at least in this exam.
But what makes me crazy is my off balance which is getting worse. I mean when i am standing i cant hold my selt and i am going to fall.I mean i cant support my legs. But i can do the physical exams which is related to neuropathical or als alone at home or at doctors office ...it is very annoying.. i dont know what the f**k is this because it concerns me very much. And the other thing is: when i wake up in the morning my right hand is so weak and i cant clench my hand and fingers. But when i am standing up and start to walk it seems nothing had happened at all. It is so annoying and on the other hand it is so funny and some times makes me laugh. I am living in something like limbo.:D
No body knows what to do with me:D it is insane:/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back