Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Grand rapids
I was concerned with symptoms of ALS. I've had twitch all over my body, first in the legs, then all throughout my body. This has been with me for the last year or so, but progressively got worse. I got much more concerned when I had carpal tunnel symptoms, which progressed into an extraordinarily stressful period where I then developed other symptoms, one being symptoms that I told myself were akin to bulbar onset. My tongue got extremely stiff that seemed to twitch like worms. I could hardly talk without my tongue being as stiff as a board.

At this point, I convinced myself that I had ALS to the point of a complete breakdown. Who needs a doctor when I have 2...3....4 symptoms! I just got more and more stress, researching things online. But when I finally had a consultation with neurologist, he was convinced I did not have ALS, but he did give me nerve conduction test, an EMG, and a couple other tests I can't quite recall the names at this point. I had to wait a couple weeks for the EMG. But once I had the EMG, which is quite uncomfortable by the way, everything was 100% normal.

My Recommendations are as follows:
1: First things first, if you think you have ALS, get off the internet
2: Secondly, form the habit of good sleep habits! Get practically Marshal Law on yourself if you can't form this habit!
3: Thirdly, Get out of the house. Idle hands are the devils playground.

I cried like a baby because I thought I had ALS, but I didn't have ALS. I'm a business owner, and I've given a good 3-4 months to this tormenting hobby of stressing about als. Don't kill yourself thinking something is killing yourself. Trust doctors and stop trusting the internet or your irrational mind. Just set up a doctors appointment if you're scared you have ALS. Don't waste your life worrying.

Last edited:
Thank you for coming back and telling us what happened. It is really helpful for future worried people. Good advice too!

Very happy for your excellent news Enjoy a long and healthy life.

That is great news and thanks SO much for coming back to demonstrate our point: very, very few people who come here fearing ALS actually have it. Enjoy your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back