Reason
Other
Country
US
State
California
City
oxnard
2 months ago was having dizziness and blurry vision and had mri that was clear, it still comes and goes. I have a tingling tongue now for a couple years and always seem to have extra flem in my throat but have no swallowing problems. I had cheek injectione 2 weeks ago and a couple days later I noticed saliva gathering in the corners of my mouth (the dr says n connection) I feel like I am stumbling my words a little could be the extra saliva, last night eating crackers and was biting my cheek a little and they were a little tough to swallow, sorry for long post I am scarred to death, maybe my anxiety getting the best of me, also eye twitching and occasional arm or stomach twitch

The cheek injection could have contributed to your issue(s) -- what was it?

This isn't ALS, though. You might look to hydration for some of those symptoms, and follow up w/the doc who ordered the MRI if the blurry vision, in particular, does not abate.

Thank you I just get nervous with the twitching and saliva and also feels it makes me talk weird and of course my mind goes crazy with the bulbar symptoms

Voluma. It's a dermal filler, for other readers.

I wouldn't go for more injections of that until/unless your sx resolve.

These are symptoms that anxiety makes worse, so I'd try to live [accent on "live"; most people reading this are a lot closer to death than you are and they are still participating] your life pretending that they don't exist, and see what happens.

All the best.
--Laurie

Ugh today I feel worse, lots of stomach twitching and just lots of weakness and still excess saliva, feeling scarred

I agree with Laurie. Nothing you wrote has anything to do with ALS, and everything to do with stress/anxiety.

I can't imagine what would bring you to think you should look into ALS. None of symptoms have anything to do with ALS.

HI Mike, I guess when I started having excess saliva somewhat drooling and twitching it made me think that, when you look online it lists those as possible symptoms, I don't mean to be selfish I was just feeling scarred

HI Mike, I guess when I started having excess saliva somewhat drooling and twitching it made me think that, when you look online it lists those as possible symptoms, I don't mean to be selfish I was just feeling scarred

I understand. I hope you can see now, that you need not be scared of ALS. I wish we could help you, but we're not doctors and can't knowledgeably comment on conditions except ALS. Good luck sorting out whatever it is, and getting some relief.

Still wondering if I should get tested just sitting last night I had twitching everywhere, the excess saliva and I forgot to mention hyperreflex that the Neuro told me about, I k ow everyone says this is not ALS but when I look at some posts and other sites it says these are symptoms, I'm so confused

Mom, you don't have to believe us. Go get checked if you want.

I know Mike guess I just wanted reassurance because of new twitches, I'm sorry it's hard when you read abouthis them and others with ALS have, no offence Mike I really appreciate your support

Everyone twitches. It is far too common to be diagnostic of anything.
However, my twitches aren't 'occasional'; they're ever present.

Laurie and Mike have been around for a while. Trust their opinions.

It's time for you to put ALS in the rearview and move on.

Appreciate that just never had before and this saliva thing driving me crazy feel like I'm drooling

Well went to Doc today said I did have a crooked smile and was slight, he asked if it had always been that way and honestly I didn't even know but the excess saliva is on that side, he chalked it up to anxiety and said I most likely born like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back