00/0000
Country
DE
State
HL
City
Lübeck
Hey Guys,

after months of reading in silence in this an some other Forums, comparing my case to similars, i feel like i have to share my own story to get some advise.

At first let me apologise my spelling and my grammar. English is not my native Language but i will do my best to keep it understandable ;)

To all of you PALS or CALS spending your Time reading about my Concerns THANK YOU i really appreciate it. God Bless you.

I am a 26 year old Police Officer from Germany. (There are German Forums about ALS too but there is not so much traffic thats why i am writing here).

It all began in July 2015. Over night i feel weakness all over my Body but especially in my right Shoulder and forearm. It doesnt make me worry to much as i thought im about gettig a flu or something like this. 2 weeks later the general weakness was gone but the one in my right shoulder stayed. In addition to this i experienced generalized Twitches all over my Body. The Intensity, location and Freqeuency differs from day to day. I also had muscle aches in different areas without any reason and Sometimes the Muscle Pain you get after a heavy Cramp but there was no Cramp before.

I´ve been at two Neurologists and the considerable Conclussions are:

I passed every Clinical Examination without clinical weakness
Tromner Reflex bilateral existing
Two Clean EMG´s and NCS
Bloodwork Including Lyme and Vitamin Status OK

I have also a question belonging the EMG. In both EMG´s the doc´s inserted the needle and after this my muscles doesn´t remain in silence the doc has to move my arm or my leg until the sounds dissapeared. They say relax but i swear i was completely relaxed. Everywhere i read about EMG they i read after insertional activity there should be silence if there are sound this is spontaneous activity but in both summaries of the examination is mentioned: No spontaneous activity this bothers me.

I´ve read the Stickys and i know in the common speech this rules out als and its due to anxiety or something else and so i didnt worried any more. I tried to ignore my symptoms, visited the states for vacation ;) and stay Positive but my issues doesn´t change.

Now if it would be just this i wouldn´t write.

one month ago i registrated i frequently have to clear my throat from my own saliva and the feeling if there would be a rice grain near to my uvula. this feelings come more often and i wanted to take a look of what it is. What i saw was fraking me out and is the reason for my thread.

my soft palate on my left side pends down and when i say aaah or i am breathing Out it only rises on the other side. in my view the left side looks like paralyzed.

I took a Picture of it and i am Sorry for showing you the inside of my mouth but here it is:

20160126145958e34hq6x8iy.jpg

I think this cannot be based on anxiety.

I have no issues in eating Breathing or drinking. only slight issues about swalling this stiff saliva on my left side.

I dont know what i expect from you because i know you cannot say this is or it is not ALS. But please don´t hesitate to share your mind with me and tell me what do you think about it.

Stay Strong everyone and Thanks for reading :)

Re: Soft Palate doesn´t rise Symmetrically

Hi, Atzi,
Re your throat, I would see an ENT but nothing shrieks ALS, which, as you know, would be unusual at your age.

Re the EMG, just because you thought you were relaxed doesn't mean you were. Our muscles are not that perfectly under our control. So I wouldn't be concerned that "no spontaneous activity" was noted. That's a good thing! 2 clean EMGs+ no clinical weakness suggest another cause of your symptoms.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back