Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
IT
State
veneto
City
verona
Hello everybody, and thank you in advance to those who will take the time to reply to this.

I am a 27 year-old boy, concerned about my symptoms and making thoughts about a possibility that I might be in early stage als.

it all started 3 months ago. I had a viral infection which I am quite sure was hepatitis B, although I am still waiting for the blood test results. Among the viral infection symptoms (fatigue, nausea), I developed other symptoms which seem to be less related to the virus (ex: hypoesthesia of left foot and left hand in the evening for few days, which then never came back, hypnic jerks while falling asleep for few days, etc.).

After the Acute infection, I started feeling better but 2 months ago started to notice I had fascics in my calves, back of my thighs, and sometimes in my arms and near my neck and sometimes also abdomen.

Recently I have been getting bad sleep, it seems like my breathing at night is not being regular. I wake up from my noisy snoring, then fall asleep again, then snore loudly and wake up again and so on.

I know there is correlation between als and history of orthopaedic trauma. I have history of broken ankle, got surgery for that and now I still have a screw inside my ankle bone.

In these last two months I have been really anxious about my health status. I take antidepressants because I am hypochondriac.

In light of what I described(Am going to get visited by neurologist in one month anyway)I would like to know your opinion: is this als?

No, Rob, you didn't describe ALS.

This statement is very wrong: "I know there is correlation between als and history of orthopaedic trauma." ALS is not caused by broken bones.

Don't worry about the "fascics." They're very common to many conditions. Even healthy people have twitches.

You poor sleep and poor breathing are not ALS.

I see no reason at all to think of ALS.

thank you so much @Atsugi for your kind and quick reply.
your words make me feel so much better,
God bless you and if anyone else wants to comment, feel free,
God bless you all
thanks

Nothing you describe sounds like ALS. Are you overweight? I'm wondering why you snore and if a sleep study would reveal apnea. Lack of good sleep can cause anxiety and fasciculations. Talk to your primary care doctor.

think you kim for your kind reply. I am indeed overweight, and have gone through tons of anxiety lately due to hypochondria.
thanks a lot for your words, I really needed this.
God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back