Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
kk
City
kk
I am a 20 year old female. I started having leg twitching two months ago. Three days after it started I had a clean leg emg. The symptoms then continued for two months and now my legs feel like jello and I feel as if I am going to trip. My hands also tremble which I read someone said on here. I just had another EMG and it was clean but it was only of my legs not my hands. Should I feel confident this is not ALS, should I get an emg of my hands? The symptoms are very scary, even typing this my left hand is severely trembling. Please give me advice.

Nothing in your post sounds like ALS. The EMG wouldn't be clean in your legs. The trembling could be just about anything. Many people have trembling for no reason. It is so common GPs prescribe beta blockers to help. I think you might have some anxiety that should be addressed by your primary care physician.

I am a 20 year old female. I started having leg twitching two months ago. Three days after it started I had a clean leg emg. The symptoms then continued for two months and now my legs feel like jello and I feel as if I am going to trip. My hands also tremble which I read someone said on here. I just had another EMG and it was clean but it was only of my legs not my hands. Should I feel confident this is not ALS, should I get an emg of my hands? The symptoms are very scary, even typing this my left hand is severely trembling. Please give me advice.

Kris, is it?

Yeah, No. I have personally never seen someone younger than 27 on a list of ALS patients, although I'm sure it's possible.

You described sensory feelings: Jello. But sensory feelings don't contribute to ALS. ALS is really all about severe, profound weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back