Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Cullman
Another thing that has been progressing is shortness of breath I had pft test and I think it show restriction and it's not my lungs or heart because they have been tested very much. Here are my results hopefully someone here know how to read them I worry that it my respiratory mucles are weak cause it not my lungs or heart.

FVC Predicted 4.79 Liters
FVC Pre RX 4.49 Liters
FVC % Predicted Pre Rx 94 %
FEV1 Predicted 4.03 Liters
FEV1 Pre Rx 3.83 Liters
FEV1% Predicted Pre Rx 95 %
FEV1/FVC Predicted 85 %
FEV1/FVC Pre Rx 85 %
FEV1/FVC % Predicted Pre Rx 100 %
FEF25-75 Predicted 4.38 L/sec. 0 - 12 L/sec
FEF 25-75 Pre Rx 4.37 L/sec 0 - 12 L/sec
FEF25-75 % Predicted Pre RX 100 % 0 - 300 %
FEF50 Predicted 5.14 L/sec
FEF50 Pre Rx 5.42 L/sec 0 - 12 L/sec
FEF50 % Predicted Pre Rx 106 %
PEFR Predicted 9.52 L/sec 0 - 18 L/sec
PEFR Pre Rx 11.47 L/sec 0 - 18 L/sec
PEFR % Predicted Pre Rx 120 %

Is this the muscle weakness in my breating muscles?

This last post I promise thank you for your time

According to the pft calculator I did online my fvc liters is borderline the low end for my weight would be 4.16 and my value is 4.79 which from what I read suggest restrictive pattern should I tell neuro about these results because it not a lung or heart problem and with all my other sumptoms could this be ALS?

I know you are very anxious and I have no idea on these results, they do other tests specifically to test breathing muscles. Your doctor is the one to discuss your results with, not an internet calculator and not us.

Really you are jumping all over the place and your last thread was closed because we have already told you that you do not have any ALS symptoms.

I'm sure your anxiety would have the most affect on breathing tests.

I know I'm anxious but I'm sure you kind people were anxious in the diagnosis process of it was my breathing muscles it would explain lot of my symptom like the fatigue short of breathing memory and focus problems can all be cause by high co2 levels right? I'm starting to get the burning fatigue felling at rest now :( and can't hardly do anything without hands cramping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back