Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
BR
State
Amapá
City
Since
I don't remember exactly when the fasciculations started... 5 months ago I searched on Dr. Google and panic.
I have generalized anxiety and taked fitoterapic medicine before.

Twitches > The twitches happen all over my body, including places that I never thought that can twitch (trunk for exemple) or move. The fasciculations last 10/30 seconds, sometimes stops fast as 2 seconds. Exception: few days ago my right eyelid (nose side) started to twitch and last all the day (nonstop), it stops on the next day.

I get countless fasciculations per day.

Tongue > The worst part is the tongue since I read that these can't be benign although I don't know if it's true. I never seen my tongue twitch because it stops before I find a mirror. It's occasional and I DEFINITELY feel the fasciculations.

I think the tongue twitches are getting more frequent and sometimes I bit my tongue.

Tremor > I feel the tremor all over the body, but is most evident with the hands held in the air.
Sometimes when I sit with one arm supporting my body the tremor really piss me off.

Well, I don't notice any clinical weakness at all (on "normal" things) but I'm kind of sedentary and I lost some weight".

English is my secondary language and I don't use often, I'm sorry for the bad grammar.

GLUCAS, your English is fine. You do not have ALS.
I am not a doctor, so I can not diagnose you, but I know ALS fairly well, and you do not have ALS.
See your doctor, but don't worry about ALS.

Thank you, Atsugi!
ALS can cause tremors?

You're 17 with no paralyzed muscles.
17-year-old's don't get ALS.
ALS means paralyzed muscles.
That's pretty much the end of the discussion.
See your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back