Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Waterloo
Hi! I'm a 20yo male.

I've been suffering from difficulty breathing (more of, I don't feel as relieved when I take a breath in as I should be) and occasional chest pain for several years.
Earlier this year, the symptoms got worse so I decided to get myself checked up.
I did blood test, urinal test, chest x-ray, and coronary heart scan which all came out normal.
I was first worried of lung cancer and other serious diseases but after the tests and their results, even though the symptoms were still there, I just decided to not worry about it.

But since about a few months ago, I got random muscle twitching all over my body (around my stomach, chest, arm, leg), though without any pain, so I didn't really pay much attention to them. But since several days ago, my upper right arm feels tired without doing much with it, and I feel like my hands are also shaking a little bit. Today, my left arm feels tired.

Doctor said I might have anxiety disorder when I got checked up earlier this year; would these symptoms be related to the anxiety or could these symptoms actually come from serious diseases like ALS or Parkinsons?

Thank you so much in advance!

Also I occasionally find myself swallowing the wrong way (more often than others), and sometimes when I breath in, I make a weird sound like gulping sound, probably about once in every few days, which I don't think is too normal..

'Tired' don't count and many, many things including anexiety cause twitches.

At the top of this forum is a sticky titled "READ BEFORE POSTING". Read it! it should reassure you.

'Tired' don't count and many, many things including anexiety cause twitches.

At the top of this forum is a sticky titled "READ BEFORE POSTING". Read it! it should reassure you.

Thank you for the reply!
So it's probably not ALS nor serious disease? I'm probably gonna go get myself checked up tomorrow but I was just getting really anxious tonight as my fingers felt clumsy. I read the pinned post and was relieved a little bit but still got me worried regardless; I guess it's my anxiety.

Haxify, Greg is really smart and experience in this subject. Trust him.
We're not doctors and won't attempt to diagnose you, but we know ALS really well and you don't have it.
--Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back