Reason
Other
Country
US
State
texas
City
austin
Hello and thank you for your time. I will be very short with this. I am a 31 year old male. I am in shape and very active, but I am very nervous about my recent symptoms.

It all started one night about 1 month ago. I was out on a date with my fiance and i had 2 beers at this fancy moviehouse where you can eat and drink. As we were driving back to her place my whole right side: face, leg, shoulder and arm were all so weak, to the point I had to pull over and let her drive. We actually went to the ER because we thought I was having a stroke. It wasnt a stroke. Blookwork, labs all good.

But ever since that night this weakness has sort of hung around. It comes and goes and seems to get a bit better with exercise. Is this indicative of ALS? Does alcohol make symtpoms worse with ALS? I am sort of at my wits end. Thank you again for your time and I greatly appreciate this forum.

did they test you for Bells Palsy? what did the docs at the ER think it was? did you followup with your regular doctor?

ALS doesn't come on suddenly and doesn't affect 1/2 your face or body at one time. weakness never comes and goes and never gets better with exercise.

Good news for you! now make an appt. with your regular doctor for a complete physical and do not worry about ALS.

I agree with Barbie. It doesn't sound at all like ALS, but does deserve a discussion with your CP.

Your symptoms sound somewhat alarming but it could be lots of things other then ALS. Hopefully, it is something that can be easily treated. Please follow up with a doctor. They might need to run more tests then what they did in ER. If you symptoms get bad all of the sudden again please call 9-1-1 because something possibly could have been missed in the ER. I'm not trying to scare you but please use caution with this. Good luck to you.

This may not be related to what Westkjeremy is concerned about but I've had ALS for over 2 1/2 yrs now and all my weakness is on my left side - ankle, hand and arm. I have what's called "flailing arm ALS".

fyi: westkjeremy's last logon was about 1 hour after his post on the 25th .... so you might be wasting you time looking here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back