Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NE
State
ZH
City
Amsterdam
Just a quick question, does my tongue look atrophied? I think it does, but I'm no expert. It looks a bit narrow on the outside and the leftside it thicker then the other side. I have salivation and I have a hoarse voice. No problems swallowing or a real slurred speak, beside the hoarse voice.

Gantologias

I have an neuro appointment in a week, but I'm curious if I see this right.

Your pic isn't working for me. It just shows a broken JPEG icon.

From what I've learned, those dents along the sides are not atrophy. It's called a scalloped tongue and it's caused from your teeth. You can search it online to see that it's a very common thing. The dents in my tongue are very pronounced and look almost exactly like your tongue. Also, the tip of my tongue is shorter on one side than the other side. It looks as if yours is like that too. Without swallowing problems or speech issues, I think its safe to assume you don't have bulbar ALS. Have a super day!

Those are teeth marks I have them also.

Thanks for the reply's. It's not the teethmarks I'm worried about. It's the difference between in left and right that bothers me.

Thanks for the reply's. It's not the teethmarks I'm worried about. It's the difference between in left and right that bothers me.

Did you have that difference before, or are you sure that's new?

I don't see any differences between the left and right, except at the tip but that is normal. When I look at your top front teeth, I see a chip or piece on the tooth on the left that is missing. Your tongue probably sits in that groove which has caused the minor misshape at the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back