Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Au
State
Nsw
City
Corowa
I have just had another blood test for my ck levels and another neuro appointment next week,new gp says it's odd for motor neurone to still be moving even though I'm showing muscle flaccidity all bloodworm clean apart from vitamin d deficient and high serum folate.my b12 good.my fatigue is chronic and muscle fatigue aweful my arms and legs feel heavy,whole body tone gone,twitching body wide,tremors as I feel so weak.but one thing that doesn't seem als is sunken temporals and sunken eyes and extremely itchy and severe neck and spinal pain.i also have burning in forhead and spasms in eyebrows contact which is uncomfortable,I still have not a lot of choking or slurring but my cheeks facial muscle have dropped,do u think this is als?

Wouldn't weakness be more in one area rather than all over

I think weakness differs from case to case. I couldn't tell you if this is ALS or not. Rely on a neurologist who specializes in MND.

My weakness is primarily in my arms, though my legs are affected as well. I have some speech issues, but they are more noticable for me than for anyone else.

Good luck and God Bless

Nicky

We've provided thoughtful replies on your other recent threads. Only a doctor can diagnose you.
You once mentioned there are no ALS (MND in Australia) clinics nearby - there's one in NSW about 6 hours from you. Might be worth the drive.

Multi-disciplinary Motor Neurone Disease Clinic
Institute of Neurological Sciences
Prince of Wales Hospital
High Street
Randwick, NSW 2031
Australia
Phone: 61-2-9382 2449
Fax: 61-2-9382 2437
Contact: Margie Zoing (MND Clinical Nurse Consultant/Co-ordinator)
Emal: [email protected]

I don't have ALS and I am not a doctor but from everything I have read on the subject is this. ALS is a relentless disease that does not take breaks, does not let up, and will keep going till the muscle is gone.

What is surprising to me is that you mentioned pain/burning sensation. I basically have that as well but I think it is from being over weight and having a bad reaction to gluten.

Having low Vitamin D can cause your muscles to twitch and weakness as well I want to say.

But like everyone else said just rely on the doctor and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back