Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Miami
Hi guys, I am a 25 year old male and im worried sick. I lose sleep at night, ive lost my girlfriend with my panic attacks over the last month. its been a disaster. I was at school studying when I accidently stuck my finger in a lamp with a light bulb that looked like a railing. I was going to lean on it. For two weeks after that I felt tingling, numbess on my arms and face. On the third week though, I started having constant twitches on my right arm and they never seem to go away. They waver in intensity but always there. The numbness, tingling went away but now I have pain in my left arm, which a couple days later radiated to my left leg, and now its on my right hand. Im in the 4th week now. The cramps are mostly in my left calf and on my right palm. My hands feel wierd when i type and it seem to get tired more often although I don't think I have clinical weekness but I am terrified that one of these days im just going to have it. Can anyone shed any light? I am freaked out with the constant twitching and cramps that dont seem to go away and its a been a week. Thank you.

Have you gone to the dr? That would be my first step.

I can as you say shed some light. I could tell you waste your time and read the stickies, but you will find the only answer we can give you without your visiting a doctor is to see a doctor. Furthermore, I think you've pointed out your problem in the closing of your own first sentence – I'm worried sick.

Pardon the obvious (and bad) pun, but if electricity caused ALS that would come as a shock to medical researchers around the globe! If that turns out to be true, I'm on the hunt for a really good electrician.
Speaking of hunting, go through your student guide or the school's online directory and find the number to the medical clinic. Seems like 100-level course info; "when sick or having physical pain, seek medical advice."
Starting out here (after a month of worry?!?) is overkill.

if you were my friend i would be concerned about your mental health......dont mess about...get yourself checked out straight away.....i have a family member who started with anxiety...not pleasant....so go to your doctor ,,now.....johnny

I also experienced an electric shock (110v, 15 amps, 50/60 hz I believe) and am experiencing alarming neurological symptoms including widespread fasciculations, muscle cramping, fine finger tremors, among others.

Many published articles that I have read about electrical injury suggest a possible relationship between electric shocks and the onset of ALS-like syndromes. It may not be the standard ALS seen with unknown environmental/genetic factors, but is possibly another form of progressive Motor Neuron Disease.

This relationship is still very controversial however, and it has yet to be proven.

I plan to post on this forum soon but just wanted to post in this thread as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back