Learn about ALS
Country
pt
State
porto
City
porto
hello good afternoon
my name is lazaro'm from Portugal, I'm 39 years old, and right now I'm trying to concentrate, to write the best possible, because I'm panicking and 8 years have poorly controlled diabetes, approximately 2 years'm having muscle spasms by body, my doctor said it was the epoch because of high blood glucose, as well as passed, but 45 days ago to today, I noticed that I'm changing a lot of letters in the phrase, speaking very wrong, very biting tongue, often choking (take my tonsils when I was 8, choking on liquids was normal), but today cleaning my tongue noticed a small dip on the side of it about 5mm or whether this atrophy.
Last Saturday I had a spasm on the side of the face very strong after this this little atrophy in tongue, I have fasciculations in the tongue, the language movement ordinary.
* I wonder if this could be the beginning als bulbar atrophy, weakness that may first come, dificudades not have to chew or eat.
* Sorry for the inconvenience, I know indeed be difficult to answer aa menbros forum so many questions, but I'm terrified.
* Already marked for neuro consultation that happened here 60 days, any response will be appreciated.
LAZARO

Poorly controlled diabetes can cause all kinds of problems to include nerve damage and circulation problems. I think you should get the diabetes under control and see if your problems clear up. See what the doctor says. I wish you good luck.

now looking more calmly, look jagged (teeth marks?) For sides of my tongue and wondered if it would be a sign of atrophy?

Those marks on the side of your tongue are teeth marks, and the only thing they mean is that your tongue is large enough to press against your teeth. They have absolutely nothing to do with atrophy.

and relation to tongue in the teeth would be kind of hard because my lower jaw protrudes behind the upper jaw,and diction problems I'm having, would be a symptom of dysarthria

A "scalloped tongue", as the teeth-marked tongue is called, is not a sign of ALS. Also, if you are so insistent that you have dysarthria, why hasn't anyone else told you that your speech sounds slurred? You also admitted that your language sounds normal to yourself.

I have a scalloped tongue, and my tongue tingles most of the day. It has been that way since April. Despite this, no one has said I sound like I'm slurring. I know if I let my fears run wild, I'll only feel worse. You need to relax. You live in Porto! Don't you guys have some incredible port wine to drink? Enjoy life!

I still have no drawl, but I'm changing the very syllables of words or pronouncing words wrong, sometimes I feel a little shortness of breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back