Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
arkansas
City
little rock
I know that the title of my thread is a little on the vague side, so I apologize for that. I know that many kind members here have taken some of their precious time to answer me in the past and for that I am very grateful, I know that I come back from time to time but your answers really do help me center myself when I get too far off the rails.

my twitching now seems mostly confined to my calves and arches with occasional incidences elsewhere. Some days are better than others and for spells I even seem to get a large degree of relief. However I have been having these deep aches and pains in my body, usually in my hands fingers and arms, though from time to time in the legs. They are odd in that they come for a few minutes pass and then come again, mot often in the fingers and hands and on occasion are sharp.

I also have been waking sometimes with a deep pain in a perfect circle in the palm of one or both hands, it always seems to dissipate shortly after waking, today it was in both hands and the left burned and tingled for a few moments after. Sometimes these feelings also few like a bit of tightness. It also seems that my muscles will tremor or ratchet when moving in certain ranges or moving slowly. My legs will also have an electric or crawly sensation when having a bad twitchy day.

My muscles also seem to feel tired somewhat easily though I honestly have not worked out in probably two months. Sometimes I also will catch a little when swallowing a drink, and my jaw and back if my neck will feel tired sometime when eating or speaking for a time. I also have been having a tight feeling in my neck and pain in my lower back sometimes.

Phew. Ok deep breath time, I think that is everything. Once again I am sorry to bother y'all, I feel guilty asking as many times as you have all been so kind to answer me. The pain has me terrified that they are some sort of cramps. My mother and wife thinks that this is all stress related and my symptoms did flare up again I after I ended up with a cousin living on my couch and causing my pregnant wife and I no end of trouble. It just seems like so much for stress to be causing. Oh if it helps I also have four immediate relatives with fibromyalgia. Should I be worried about all of this? At least about what we all know I am afraid it is. I mean just the other day I was able to practice martial arts for an hour and then do 45 mins of sparring, and this has been going on for almost a year, surely those are good signs?

Once again thank you all for listening, any comments or thoughts are appreciated, even if you just drop in to tell me I am a total toon.

Hi

I thought we had you cured. Are you keeping up with the vitamins? Once again I think it is all stress and anxiety related. You could check into the fibro if it will make you feel better. That is treatable.

If you are exercising that is good to help relieve some stress. Did you follow through with the psychologist apt.? You know what you need to do, I think you are looking for a little TLC and reassurance. I wish you peace.

I get myokemia (eyelid twitching) with stress - it has spread to my face because I could not stop thinking about it. It took a week from work, massage, facial and 1.5mg of Xanax a day for it to stop. Stress does strange things to your body and it sounds like you have your share and then some. Find something that works for you each day. I find deep breathing, prayer and worship music to calm me. I almost always start my dad with a song by Selah called Be Still. It helps put me in a good place each morning. And sleep! Lack of sleep can jack with you too!

Hi, have you been checked for vitamin deficiencies such as vitamin B-12, B-1 and also minerals deficiency such as Magnesium or Potassium.
Deficiencies of the aforementioned vitamins/minerals may also cause muscle twitching as well as working out causes twitching.

Hope this helps.

NH

Hello again sorry to bump an old thread. I am really scared again as I have been having the same symptoms I described in the original post of this thread though this time my right thumb has began to twitch in the meaty portion under it and sometimes feels weak, and earlier today I had a hollow weak feeling in the wrist area right under it, this area has also been having those odd deep aches that I mentioned, though so had the other hand to be honest. Sometimes I get a light tightness and twitching in that area after gripping something but it subsides after a moment.

Another thing that really scares me is the odd tremoring ratcheting type thing that my muscles do, my shoulders do it if I shrug and my fore arms and wrists do it if I moved my hand up and down at the wrist. When moving slow it is more noticeable, but can still be noticed if moving fast. Other muscles will do the same thing. Also the tremoring in my right hand is bothering me, I noticed it most in my thumb on that hand. What is weird is that my original symptom a year ago almost, was in my left arm and for a while that hand tremored much more than the right. Is this tremoring in my hands and the ratcheting thing even something that should be bothering me? Oh and a tingling that will sometimes run through one side of my face or another limb is not a concern correct?

I know that the members here have answered me many times but I am just scared. Oh as to what Vicki asked, yes I am seeing a psychologist at least every other week, sometimes more when his schedule is open. What is odd is that in his office I notice my symptoms much less and even seem to get some relief from them for anywhere from 30 mins to an hour. During my first few visits with him I would tremble violently in my chest and jaw, almost like I was cold but that has stopped. I am also trying to stay active and have started lifting light weights every other day and the other night I went to my old martial arts school, practiced and then sparred and grappled for a total of two hours.

As patient and kind as everyone here has been to me if I ever get the opportunity to participate in a walk or benefit in my area for research I am going to jump all over it. Thank you to anyone who takes time to respond, and if you choose not to I also understand.

Please - you absolutely intellectually know you do not have ALS. Why the obsession with ALS?

The only "sparring" I can muster is with the remote control! My "grappling" yesterday was in trying to free myself when a fall wedged me in the small space between the toilet and the wall. The only " weight lifting" I can do is to carrying, in my heart, the sadness felt by those who love and care for me.

Still looking for ALS? I'd take a messy cousin on my couch any day.

If you have 4 relatives with fibro I would start there..People with CFS/fibro can and do get muscle spasms and twitching also. I just found that out through reading since my neuro told me he thinks I have post viral CFS/fibro/ME. Oh and I can't spar anything. I just worked in the garden for 20 minutes and my legs feel like they are gonna give out. I had to come in. My neuro did an emg it was normal and my clinical was normal also (I was having a good day). Anyway, my point is you can still have things like twitches etc and have something other than a motor neuron disease..Best to you.

"I am also trying to stay active and have started lifting light weights every other day and the other night I went to my old martial arts school, practiced and then sparred and grappled for a total of two hours."

I have a feeling that you know the activities you state that you do is impossible for an ALS patient to accomplish. It is just a slap in the face and you know it.

Well said tex! You're my kinda gal. No BS, cut to the chase.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back