Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Orange County
I am almost 20 years old. My right leg kind of feels weaker when than my left leg, like when I'm standing it doesn't feel like it's part of my body. I feel like more weight is being put on my left leg. My right forearm has some pain in it, and I think it might feel weaker than my left arm. It's not searing pain or anything, just this ache. Strength wise, I can still do everything with my right arm. My right arm especially acts up when I'm typing. My mom thinks its carpal tunnel from that - but then why would my right leg be feeling weird too?
I don't know what kind of weakness is associated with asl.
And then a few days ago I noticed these random twitches everywhere. IN random spots across my body.
My TSH (thyroid) levels were a little out of the normal range - I'm currently taking medicine for them. I don't know if that has to do with anything.

I am sick with dread, and I don't know what to do. I"m in college right now and I cna't concentrate on anything, and its midterms week. :\ Please can someone give me some imput? Thank you so much in advance! I'm so sorry if I offended or irritated anyone with this thread.

I"m sorry, I think the twiches are just in random spots throughout both my right and left calves.

Hi,

Weakness in ALS or any other MND for that matter doesn't come and go.
Once it's felt, it stays until those muscles affected by it die off and atrophy.
In ALS, you first notice weakness when you no longer can do things you used to do very easily such as turning a key, opening a jar, etc.
Once you notice this, muscle twitches show shortly after on those already weak muscles, as a signal that those group of muscles are dying.
Lastly, you end up with muscle atrophy.

That's the way ALS attacks your muscles.

Therefore, nothing that you just describe in your posts remotely resembles ALS.

Hope this helps.

NH

Have you been to the dr? I Think I would agree with your mom and guess carpal tunnel. But I am no dr. There are some stickies that you should look at. One is weakness and perceved weakness.

the more you stress and obsessed you are the worse the twitches. Stress and fear can make you very sick, so I would suggest that you stop looking up things on line. You are young and the odds are stacked against you for als. Go live your life, enjoy college.

Have you gone to the dr yet? It could any number of things except als. the odds of that are not in your favor. You need to stop looking symptoms up on the internet. If it is really interfering with your daily function then see a dr. Only they can tell you if it is carpel tunnel ro something else, like a pinched nerve or ms or just anxiety.

Anxiety can you really sick to include twitches, hair loss, blood pressure changes, so you have to get control of that. I wish you peace.

we have quite similiar symptoms hope this turns out for both of us that it is only stress, carpal tunnel or something just not als.
what muscles do you have problem with, I have with those that raise my right hand and foot up.

problem is we cannot know what is going on with us for sure. most ppl get the diagnosis once they are dropping on the floor and the early symptoms can be quite minor and last for years until they paralyse the patients. link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back