Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Erial
I have had twitching all over my body for many years, at leat ten. At first I was very worried about ALS but after having it for a year with no weakness, I stoped worrying. It would be severe at times, then wold dissapear for a while but was always there to an extent. Recently, in the past two weeks Ive noticed weakness in my hands and arms, trouble texting on the phone, cramps in my hands and feet and calves ect. Of course the twitching is very bad right now, all over my body, not just the weaker spots. My stress level has been high lately and I guess Im here for opinions mostly. I hope this is just BFS or BCFS. Ive never been to the doc for this but have been for heart palipitaions that are severe but benign. Told it was stress. Im 34 years old. I hate to be a worry wort and I feel awful for anyone diagnosed with the disease. Over the years I have read so much about it because Ive lived with the twitches. The onset of weakness worries me now.

My twitches came AFTER the weakness. Also, it was not in all limbs at once. Started in one hand.

Maybe you ought to have a physical... Has it been awhile?

Yeah its been a while. I do have mildly high blood pressure. I would be really concerned if I hadnt had the twitches for so long...its actually been close to 14 years of on and off twitching over the entire body. Its just the weakness that worrys me now. Its actually a little hard to type now. I miss keys and the like.

Make an appointment. Men are known to ignore going for physicals. Don't be one of them. Let your PCP assess the changes you describe. Better than worrying about them. Again, typing may be difficult, but if it's in both hands at once, I really don't think you ought to be thinking ALS. Could be due to a wide variety of reasons, including a pinched nerve, stress, bad posture etc. Make the appointment and ease your mind.

Made a dr apt for 2 weeks from now. That should give me two more weeks to study my symptoms and see how I feel. At the least I can get some Xanax and see if that helps lol.

Stay off the Internet searching symptoms. Not worth the wasted time and possible dark and useless interpretations.
You'll just stress more. And feel worse. Go hit some golf balls or something!

Exactly what Elaine said. Sound two weeks ignoring your symptoms, not researching them. If it Is ALS, It will still be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back