Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
Al
City
opp
hello everybody,

Is it possible to have atrophy without any weakness? I started twitching about a month ago on my right biceps. A little bit concerned but so far no weakness up to this point. Up until today, I noticed that if I do a scarecrow pose( lift my shoulders 90 degrees and let my lower arm dangle), I have a noticeable indent/depression on the lower part of the right upper am as compared to my left arm( im left handed by the way). I tried push ups( 10reps), pull ups (3 reps), and lifted 3 gallons of water(biceps curl) 5 reps. Im not really an exercise type of person so i dont really have any muscle bulk. I did ok. So now im kind of confused.

Can your biceps really atrophy without any sign of weakness?

thanks a lot everybody

The only thing you've got to worry about is subjecting your body to these sudden, intense bouts of physical strain with the heavy lifting and such. You'll definitely injure yourself if you don't work out properly and safely.

Weakness precedes atrophy. Dents aren't necessarily atrophy. Look at some pics of muscles. I'd bet your dents are where two muscles join.

The fact that you're doing these tests suggests you're in a mental place you shouldn't be in. Only a doc should search for atrophy and weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back