Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
O
City
O
Are hyper reflexes, babinski/Hoffman's usually always present in ALS?

Yes.......

LOL, love the use of periods to get your 10 characters in.

I personally still don't have Babinski, but reflexes are right screwy. (not a proper med term, but you know what I mean)

DorDor-

This is your 6th thread in a month. You admitted that your Doctor is not concerned, so nor should you be. The good people here go to a whole lot of effort to answer you. And, the answers (if you actually read them) are largely the same: You are OK and you should stop worrying and obsessing.

No,
No,
No.......................!

Casey, Right Screwy is certainly an appropriate medicate term in my books.

That's why I love you Fitz. You speak my language.

This would be present in extremely early cases? Before weakness perhaps? Also, they can't change from normal to hyper reflexes?

Whilst on about bfs, I read a post about self testing for clonus and hyperreflexia. One test was sitting down and extending your foot up as high as you can, then slowly bringing the foot down. I did this and my left leg (where I have been experiencing fasics) shakes much more uncontrollably than my right. Is this a proper neurological assessment? Would the shake be some sort of hyperreflexia?

No. You cannot do a proper neurological assessment on yourself. You do not have the degree or the experience.

Mind Blow, dude (don't care if your female, still dude) you can not test your own reflexes properly even if you are a trained doctor. It's like you can't tickle yourself because you know it's coming and it's not a suprise. I mean if you knew exactley when the jack in the box was going to jump oit ypu wouldn't react.

Dordor

You have not responded to one person that has responded to you.

Of late, many posters are being questioned as to their motives for being here.

These posts of yours are an excellent example of WHY PEOPLE ARE tired of being nice to folks on this board.

You ask a question, one or several answer it. You post another question,. One or several answer it. On and on it goes.

There comes a point where the best way we can help someone, in all seriousness, is to stop answering them. You have reached that point. Answering you is not only not apparently appreciated, but is also largely ignored.

Be glad Im not a mod. These threads would be locked with ASKED AND ANSWERED. What would benefit you, perhaps, is some counseling for your health anxiety. Best of luck.

Thread closed.

Off to mod land.

You've been told nothing sounds like ALS. Bye bye now.

Dor Dor you really are being very selfish and thoughtless to very ill people who have tried to help you.
Go back to your doctor with your concerns and ask for help with your health anxiety. You really need help with anxiety even if you do have some kind of physical problem too
Now go and take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back