Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Oklahoma
City
Western
Hello,

I mentioned someone recommending using a neck brace to my grandmother and she thought that may help her hold her head up. Does it need to be one made specifically for her or what do we need to look for. Also I have seen several posts talking about twitching and although my grandma hasn't complained of any twitching she keeps saying at night her legs feel as though someone has both hands on her legs twisting the skin in a different direction. Almost like a burning sensation maybe? Has anyone felt anything similar to this? Thank you for all your knowledge and help.

Hello Hope,
I originally started using a soft collar that I purchased from the local pharmacy. Not expensive, but it can feel very constricting, in which it can get very warm. I then switched to a headmaster collar that are available in different sizes. My insurance did pay for it, but it can be purchased out right. Just do a google for it, in which different sites will have it available. I use the collar daily, except while sitting or lying down where I have good head support. This collar is designed for good air flow around your neck area to help avoid getting too hot. This also allows for those pals that wish to vent with a trach in the future.

HI

A neck brace should be fitted properly to prevent problems with irritation. The headmaster seems to be a common one or shanesbrace.

As for the leg thing--I can't help much. My legs drive me nuts--but generally sensory things aren't ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back