08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Hi

As you may know, the doctor put me on baclofen for the severe spasms and cramps in my legs.

I had a sleep study last night--and only managed to sleep 3 hours. By the time I drove home, I was seeing double.

Does baclofen cause double vision? It's too late to call the doctors office. I fell asleep as soon as I got home and just woke again.

When I first got home, I figured it was just because I was so tired. Now, Ii'm not so sure as I still can't see properly.

I'm trying to figure out is this is the new medication or another symptom to add to the list (which, of course, would point away from ALS) Don't know if it's relevant, but I've had a severe headache all day, too. (Part of the reason for the sleep study to begin with)

Thanks

Patty. I just asked mu husband about double vision and baclofen. He personally has not had a patient with Dvision from baclofe n, but he said in theory, if you were on a high dose it could. Not very helpful I am afraid.

That's not one of the normal complaints about Baclofen as far as I know.

AL.

you should know as a previous nurse that fast onset of double vision, and especially since you have a headache too, should be checked right away by a doctor. You've already had a stroke right?

dang moderation

Not for me....sorry; getting your sleep regulated is quite a task.

Not the baclofen, I guess. Now, I'm vomiting, too. Guess I'm just sick. Thanks. Back to bed til I can sit up without throwing up.

My oxygen levels dropped substantially when I was sleeping, apparently, which is likely the cause of the mega headaches. The vision thing, I guess, must be something different.

Finally killed the headache with my migraine med. I've never had double vision with a migraine before so it sort of freaked me out. I didn't have any double vision when I had the stroke--just one sided paralysis (which was scary enough)

Now, I can't seem to stay awake--which I'm attributing to the new med. I pulled my back out again (ruptured L5-S1 on latest MRI) so I can't move today. Am going to the doctor if I can climb in the car.

At least the pain doc office has one of those heat machine things that might help with the spasms in my back today--my pills certainly aren't. Not even close.

I haven't showered since the day before yesterday--I can't stand up. Every time I try, my bladder lets loose. I think I might have blown another disc.

But-at least the Baclofen seems to be helping with the leg spasms, so that's a good thing. Not sure what's causing the nausea and vomiting. Phenegran isn't helping. Guess it's the flu. The fastest way for me to get sick is to be around other people--which, of course, i was last week at the clinic in Tampa.

Hope you all are having as good a day as possible. Thanks for the replies. (Liz, if I thought this was another stroke, I'd already be at the hospital!)

notme,

I hope that you are using these medications under the advice of a doctor who knows all of your conditions and all of the medications that you've been prescribed to cope with each of those conditions.

Mixing and matching like you are seems to be a recipe for over- or undermedication and unexpected interactions with unusual results. "More pills" isn't always the best solution.

HI

My doctors are fully aware of all medications I take. I have medications I take for various medical conditions, but all the pain medications were prescribed with the full knowledge of my GP as well as the new neuro in Tampa. She is the one that added the Baclofen to be taken in conjunction with the Valium--as she wrote 6 months refills for both.

I don't "change" meds without my doctor's approval. My concern was that the baclofen might be causing a strange side-effect, as I've never taken it before.

I've been on opiod therapy for several years due to disc damage at multiple levels. They keep me functioning most days.

Currently, though, I'm on a lot of meds. I have diabetes, atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure among other things. I know better than to take medications that aren't documented--and I don't doctor shop.

My general medications haven't changed for several years--the only new medication is the baclofen. Part of the problem with treating me is that I have multiple chronic health issues combined with the new symptoms.

The only med I stopped on my own was the zanaflex the first neuro prescribed in exchange for Baclofen--which the doc concurred with. I've been on the opiods and valium for years--they no longer cause me any problems as I'm well adjusted to them.

I see three doctors--general practitioner, neuro and pain management. Most doctors here in FL are hesitant to treat pain with all the new DEA regs--though the new neuro said she would write the scripts for them if my pain doctor is afraid to in light of my other ongoing medical issues that aren't diagnosed.

It's been very hard to diagnose me because I do have so many things going on.

No double vision with me and my baclofen.

Im really not trying to "push" the stroke thing, but just because you didnt have double vision with the first stroke you had, doesnt mean it still couldnt be that... good luck to u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back