Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Hi all,

I've had a year and a half of what I thought was bfs I had a brain and spine MRI done, plus emg. All were clear and yet I am still getting pain and fasics in my calves. It's only been two months since the tests. But the pain and fasics in both calves has got worse. Having been given a clean emg could the Doc have missed something, can ALS hide or move that quickly.

Just don't know what to do?

I've had a year and a half of what I thought was bfs I had a brain and spine MRI done, plus emg. All were clear and yet I am still getting pain and fasics in my calves. It's only been two months since the tests. But the pain and fasics in both calves has got worse. Having been given a clean emg could the Doc have missed something, can ALS hide or move that quickly.

Just don't know what to do?

Go to your family/general practice doctor and see what he/she says.

You were clean two months ago. You're almost certainly clean now. ALS doesn't hide -- it can be seen on EMG weeks, months, even years before an affected muscle shows other symptoms.

Relax -- all this anxiety will make your BFS worse.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's difficult to stay logical with the symptoms and as they are giving me more pain it gets difficult not to worry. when I go to my physio he massages my calve muscles it's so painful. Is it normal for als to present symmetrically in your calves?

Is it normal for als to present symmetrically in your calves?

No, it isn't. Symmetrical presentations tend to point away from ALS, in fact.

Thank you for taking the time to help other people.

Now all I have to do is deal with the anxiety :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back