Learn about ALS
Country
XX
State
xxxxxx
City
xxxxx
Hello...
I would like to ask if anyone knows how tongue twitching feels like...Does it feel like a tingle-pins and needles in the tongue or numbling?Or like a pulling senstation?Does it feel like buzzing?
I have these in my tongue and i would like to know...
Thank you

Hi Ally,

I am having tongue problems too, It feels numb sometimes and it does get tingly and feel uncomfortable and it tastes acidic sometimes, I'm not sure if i am having tongue fasciculations, I have been examined by my doctor and they made me stick out my tongue so they could have a look at it but they didn't notice anything abnormal.

i feel it like buzzing and i m not sure if its quite like pulling...its weird i dont really know if thats twitching or not.....sometimes it will get itchy too but maybe this is irrelevant...
A

Please, one and all, please take the time to search for similar threads on this subject. It has been brought up more times than I can remember.

The short answer is that fasciculations of tongue cannot be felt. But, more importantly, those of us who can't feel them, are tired of explaining this. Really, please do a search before you ask. It will be very VERY much appreciated.

To search, click on the Search link (above, look up at the blue bar) you can do an advanced search, or simple search.

thanks

im really really
sorry rose...thank you for your answer and your help.
The truth is i did a long search in the forum as you suggested but still couldnt make much of it...
sometimes im just really stupid...
So sorry i just couldnt unerstand the description of tongue fasciculation...
So anyone who can answer me please reply
thank you

Ally,

They cannot be felt, so, no, what you describe is not what someone with MND experiences for tongue fasciculations. Fasciculations, which are not benign, are usually seen in the dead center of the tongue, not the edges.

Twitching is different, its not the same, and is not indicative of MNDs.

Thank you so much for your answer Rose...I really appreciate it...One more question tho and hope im not tiring you
Arent fasciculations a different name for twitching?
Cause thats what i thought
Thank you for being so kind
Ally

if you do a search you will see a similar question that is answered saying that fascics in the tongue arent felt and they look like a bag of worms and actually I think rose has a you tube video of hers. :) Right Rose?

I remember watching it....I have tongue twitches that pulls my tongue up so wierd but are not fascics. Even if seen tongue fascics are not diagnostic anymore for ALS. BFSers by the tons experience them. You really need to head over there. I think that should be your new focus.

Than you !
really to bfs ers experience tongue twitching?
I remember reading somewhere that a docotr sai he never saw tongue fasciculations that werent als....
I dont know this internet flow of info has tottaly confused me...

yea thats why dr. giggles is not a good thing for young people that have too much access to the internet and if you had gone over to the BFS site you would see tons of stuff on them and tongue twitches. I suggest you do it before you bite off more anxiety than you can handle. This site is not the site for you my love. You are playing a dangerous game with your emotional well being.

Please go over there and check it out. You would do good for yourself to cancel your membership here and avoid further torture to yourself and your life. :) Only a suggestion but I'm sure others here and past crazies would agree with me.

much love and luck

Thank you so much.....
I will try not to worry so much even if its hard i would just relax for a while.....
I just hope it doesnt turn out to anything.....
Thank you
I will check it out adn try to not be so anxious although its hard...

Kelly, I nominate you as our anti-membership director!

Last edited:
yea I've had a rough couple of weeks...do we get spirit points for retention? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back