Reason
Other
Country
US
State
New York
City
East Meadow
I am not questioning my Dr's ability to do his job but someone Private messaged me and asked why I didn't have a comprehensive EMG. As I posted in my thread, my Dr tested both my legs. Im fine with that, especially since my problem is within my leg. (makes good sense). Does that disqualify me for having a comprehensive EMG?

What exactly is a comprehensive EMG? How was your EMG done?

I will give you a little information about mine. My Dr poked me three times in my calf, one time in my foot, twice in the thigh (This was on my problem leg). I believe he poked me only once in my good calf (other leg). Hmmm, Now that Im thinking, that was all on my good leg and oh yes, he did poke me once in the arm. At this point, I asked if he'd be testing anymore on my upper body and he asked, Do you want more? LOL I wasn't about to argue with a man and his access to an unlimitted amount of needles!

Was your test similar? I would be happy to know.
PS: I am only comparing, I STILL believe/trust my DR! :shock:

My first one was just of my affected leg, second one was affected leg and arm, third was both legs, arm, and tongue, 4th (diagnosis) was entire right side and paraspinals. All emgs were 5 muscles tested on each limb and 2 in paraspinal muscles. I think you had a comprehensive enough EMG for your symptoms.

Trust your doc!

Dont start second guessing..we have alot of crazies on here that like to stir up the undiagnosed.

Love,
Kelly

Mine was done with a dull needle.

Aww Kelly, LOL, I won't second guess my Doc. He knows more than I can ever research!
The question threw me for a loop and I wanted comparison.
Thanks! :smile:

Zaphoon, Very Witty, LOL! Mine was Sharp!

Mine was done with a dull needle.

Lol! thats what it feels like! You can feel the needle "pop" as it breaks through the skin! Testing the effective area is the most productive. They check the whole right side of my body, and I only had symptoms in the bulbar area. Thats the only place I was dirty.

[QUOTE They check the whole right side of my body, and I only had symptoms in the bulbar area. Thats the only place I was dirty.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Phil!

Did that mean the right side was the only place dirty or the bulbar area? I read it 10 times before posting this, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back