Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Indaiana
City
Indianapolis
Ok my muscles feel tight, and burn, like I've been working out with to much weight or somthing. Is this spastisity, or does spastisity mean ur muscle stay contract without releasing or relaxing and they feel hard.

I do have ankle clonus in my left ankle and my left leg feels like its burning all the time, but I can still sqeaze the muscle and it doesnt feel hard, so does that mean I dont have spastisity, and which is more common for ALS, spasm or are they looking for spastisity?

And is there a difference in the muscle twitches of ALS and just random muscle twitches all over the body, do ALS twitches start all over or do they start in a hot spot and move on as disease progreses,

Sorry just trying to sort out my situation. Thank u in advance to anyone kind enough to respond.

Dear Robynnblue...
One of the things you will learn, is that there is no ONE path MND/ALS takes. However, there are some things we know to be true...

The twitching/spasms in ALS patients are due to the nerves dying and the communication between the nerve and muscle becoming impaired. They typically occur in the regions of the body where the nerves are dying- and is not USUALLY over the entire body, but that's not 100% of the time...

It does NOT get better over time. HOWEVER...twitches/spasms are symptoms of MANY, MANY different conditions including Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorders,Benign Fasciculations Syndrome...The sensations you are describing do not sound like spasms or spasticity.

A spasm is singular and spasticity is a pattern or group of abnormal muscle movements. I answered on your other thread, but just in case...your symptoms do NOT sound like ALS...I hope you get clarity and direction soon!
Peace,

well said melodyparrish right to the point .but oh how i wish my twitching arms would stop moving for a little rest very annoying

Sitting in church...arm flinging up...spasticity...

Sitting in church...arm flinging up...spasticity...

Doesn't that always happen in church? Or is it just some religions? It has been a long time since I have been to church and I forget everything except the collection plate.

Well, that was a while back for me and my husband. Don't make me go there! LOL Literally, don't make me go there!

Can you imagine the the looks from those around us? We get sweet "miss you" cards from that church, no phone calls though. Sorry - off topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back