Jakv

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
I just saw someone use it in a context that had me confused. Perhaps I'm the one who's getting it wrong, but I would really appreciate if someone in laymans terms could explain this phenomenon. Not the whys, because I read that really insightful sticky post, but the what. What is muscle twitching.

Sorry if this is redundant, but a lot of the confusion with ppl suffering or thinking they're suffering from a neurological disorder is that they, we, I don't really know how to describe what is being felt.

Thanks

The term, as it relates to ALS, is "fasciculation", and it would be a very good thing to ask your neurologist about tomorrow.

Also, you should really read the sticky posts in this section of the forum -- all of them, especially this one. There is a message in that post you need to hear and acknowledge if you are going to be hanging out on this board. Otherwise, I predict you are going to get your feelings hurt.

Good luck at the neuro tomorrow.

ALS twitching looks like worms wriggling under your skin. Have you ever seen a bag of worms? If not, go to a bait company get 2 dozen dew worms and put them in a zip lock bag, put a wet paper towel over the bag and then watch. That's about the only way to describe it. You could also hang out at an ALS Clinic and ask some patients to show you their twitches.

AL.

thanks for the responses. again, i'm not going to the neuro tomorrow but next week friday. i'll ask and see what happens.

if you dont know, then you havent got them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back