Not open for further replies.

Trevor

Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Cambridge
I,ve posted many times and this time I'm very worried what is going on with me.
1. Have EMG scheduled for March 2, 2010
2. My tongue has atrohy on the left side and is skinny, though I can chew and swallow fine and tongue movement seems okay.
3. I wake up every morning with sore joints in my hand, it is also numb and I have to move both hands to get the blood circulating
4. I wear a shoulder brace because of shoulder pain and weakness
5. Arms are weak but I can lift up something up to 25 lbs
6. Head Pressure and neck is sore.
7. Numbness in feet and hands all the time.
8. Very tired all the time
9. Have colitis but having no issues with it
10. If I sleep in which I could sleep for more then 12 hours my body is sooo weak.
11. My left arm shakes and is weaker then my right
12. I wear knee supports
13. When I'm sitting down my spine feels this burning sensation and I have to get up and move.
14. Joints in my shoulders are sore and pop and crack all the time.
15. Joints in my jaw pop and crack all the time.
16. When I try to lift 5lbs of weights I pay for it later on in the day.
17. I don't want to go out because I to tired all the time

Mostly if there are any other answers to why my tongue on the left side has this huge indent.
I'm presently taking Clozepam and started taking for 10 days now low dose naltexone

Hi Trevor - I've read a lot of reports here about people with tongue indentations and atrophy but who never get diagnosed with ALS. It sounds like tongue atrophy may be more common than most people think. So it probably does not mean that much.

Your soreness, pressure, numbness and colitis would point to something other than ALS. Sometimes people get these from viral infections, or even post-viral conditions where the body never recovers from an infection. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome might be one example. Unfortunately these are not well understood by medicine and it is a long path to get a diagnosis, and even then there is little or no effective treatment. The good news is that it is not usually progressive, the bad news is that it sometimes lasts a long time.

I hope your EMG is clean, it is too bad it is so far off. But I'm sure you are anxious and worried, and that may be making your symptoms worse too. If you get good news from your EMG then perhaps it will help you feel better.

Thank you for replying to my concerns. I don't know what is going on with my body. Like other people you assume the worst. I keep on calling the neuro for cancellations. If I get a clean emg in the state I'm in then that will put my mind at ease.
Thank you again

Im dealing with the pain, it seems anything i do my body hurts so bad, last night i had to move some things around my room and my upper body is KILLING ME, its shocking the pain. I to wait to know what goes on with my body. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back