Weakness in both legs and twitches - ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipp

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
GER
State
Germany
City
H.
Hello!
I'm a 25 years old male German and I have fear of having ALS.

One week ago, I started recognizing a weakness in both legs.

First I only noticed some different feeling in my right leg and feet when pressing the gas-pedal of my car. But that was just the beginning. The weakness of my legs didn't get better till today, instead it got worse.

Today my legs feel like heavy weights and it's harder for me to go upstairs or to climb up a ladder for example.

Some days after the weakness started (and after I googled and found those "wonderful" three letters) it started to twitch in different parts of my body, but most times the twitches are in my legs.

Are these common symptoms of a beginning ALS? Can't think of anything else... :(

Hi Philipp. What you are describing happening in a week is not typical of ALS. It could be from many different things even something as simple as a virus. I'd start by seeing a GP first before you think you have a life threatening disease.

AL.

Dr Google has no feeling or shame.

And always gives you too much information to turn you into a hypochondriac .

Go see your human doctor.

Glen

Thank you very much for your answers.

Since yesterday, my calves and especially the hollow of my left knee often feel cramped and tensed :-(

I was at a neurologist last week, and I told him about the weakness of my legs and asked for a EMG. But in his opinion it is all psychosomatic and he send me home without testing me! I mean he did absolutely nothing!

He knows that I'm a hypochondriac, but I've had the weakness already before I googled for ALS, and I am very concernd because it still isn't getting any better. I never had such a weakness and feeling of discomfort before in my legs.

Phillip,

The mind is a powerful tool. If you are convincing yourself you are sick , then it will happen.

Think POSITIVE , do something for yourself, instead of hoping the doctors will tell you that are right.

This sounds harsh , but don't waste your life looking for a reason to be sick.

Glen

Phillip, Remember this: Thoughts become things! Watch or read "The Secret" Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back