Reason
CALS
Country
au
State
buckland
City
buckland
Well my DH finally told me he has had his test EMG. It took 50min they did 2 limbs one leg one arm. His neurologist is away and said he will probably ring him with the results. This was a week ago. he said it was quite painful. I did ask him why he hadnt told me sooner his answer is " I didnt want to talk about it" I think he only told me as I just asked him out of the blue how his appointment went. His reply was how did you know I had been. He realised then I hadnt know so told me about it. I did tell him when it comes time for him to get his results i will go with him if he wants, he said he knows I am there for him. He is talking and opening up a little bit more.
So does the length of time that the test takes any indication of whether it is positive or not. I think he is a bit worried because the neurologist said the person doing the test might give him some indication of whats going on. They wouldnt say anything. Is that a good sign or bad.
So we are back to the waiting game but just one step closer to an answer.

Hi,
I would think if they seen something they would have continunied on the other limbs and then on the paraspinals. What I was told by a couple of nueroligist was if two limbs are affected then they do the paraspinals. Yes, ususally the person doing the test does give you an indication of what's going on but not always. If it was just a tech they might not be allowed to say anything negative or positive. Hopefully it went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back