Diagnosis
n/a
Country
US
State
sd
City
Sturgis
I read a lot of things about als being passed on to your children and what I have read is that is the parent who has als does not have it passed down through the family through other family members and the one parent is the only one who has had it the chances of my son getting this terrible disease is unlikely...
However I have read some stuff on here that makes me wonder and worry.
Does anyone have any input on this?
Stacey

That was one of the first questions I asked of Dr Simmons at the Hershey clinic when I got my diagnosis. He said the chance of the kids getting it was very unlikely. If I remember correctly he said they had about the same chance getting struck by lightning.

thankyou

That is sooo good to hear...I really worry about it alot but that eases my mind some.
Thankyou!

? on familial gene

I also have concerns about als and the possibility of me or my sons developing it. My mom just passed a couple weeks ago and she really did not find out many details or see any doctors that specialize in als so I am unsure what to look for. My Dad is sending my Mom's medical records to me. I don't know why, but I just wanted them. I've learned so much from this forum and the als assoc...I just want to see what her records show. I'm certain they didn't ask any questions the day of the diagnosed. It was just a goofed up day all around. They didn't even see the neuro mom initially was examined by...and never saw anyone else after that. No als clinic, not even her regular md....just hospice nurses. Any ideas on what I should look for in her records? Just curious. Thanks.
I'm not getting paranoid or anything...just curious to find out more.
Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back