Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
Uni
State
TEXAS
City
El Paso
We're still here. Everyday is a new adventure. Last week they began prepping for the elevator lift to go in the garage. Part of that was to build steps above and over top of the concrete steps, making the rop platform even with the door.

I don't know what those guys were smoking but those steps looked like they belonged in the house of the crooked little man with the crooked little house. They slanted forward but each at a different elevation. Going down it felt as though you were going to tumble down. Going up it felt like you were going to fall backwards. Totally unacceptable.

Today another crew came and took them out and put new, proper steps in. The elevator is sitting in the garage ready for install tomorrow! The power chair is here and so is the lift for the back of the SUV. We are so excited. It has been three weeks since my PALS has been able to leave the house. I hope I can take him out to eat tomorrow night.

Michelle

Great news, Michelle. I hope you keep seeing progress

I so hope all is done tomorrow so you can go out again. It's so much harder to be housebound.

I'm so glad the crooked house steps were fixed quickly, the mind boggles!

I am glad it's coming along. Hope you are out and about soon

Wonderful to hear Michelle! I know you will be out and about and both you and your PALS will be so much happier. And it will be just in time for warmer weather. We live about 3 hours from El Paso. Not too far if you and your PALS ever want to get together to talk in person. Happy Thursday, Kathleen

How did it go???

Well we have the new steps and they are magnificent. The lift is in and the power chair as well. My PALS drove around the house and even used the lift to go out to the garage and then back in. It is an amazing piece of equipment. He was so happy to be driving his chair around, I haven't seen that grin in a very long time. We still lack the lift for the back of the car but that should happen next week. It's been a long day of hammering, drilling and sawing. My little dachshund has barked himself hoarse! Tomorrow they will finish up the cosmetic aspect. We also had a couple of RNs show up to do an intake on my PALS for the at home VA medical program. That will save us trips to the VA. All good things!

Wonderful, that smile will have made everything more than worth the time, effort and noise, even the dog barking!

Wonderful news, Michelle! There is just nothing like getting some mobility and access back!!

It's a long road, getting the house modified, but so worth the time and effort.

Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back