Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
el paso
i dont want to b mean but sometimes friends n family bring me food and my caretaker just assumes its 4 her too. sometimes its my favorite and dont want to share. she isnt a goood cook, actually cant cook but she can mke her own, i cant. so how do i tel,l her in a nice way its mine.

Hi lupe,sorry your having trouble.
Just tell her straight,what you have told us.........the food was made for you and your friends/family would not be happy if you had to go without.Tell her she is welcome to bring her own or prepare her own food.
If she has an ounce of decencey and a few brain cells she will understand.
Make sure you look after number1........you sweetie.

Great advice given by Olly! Hugs to you Lupe!

It can be awkward, especially if she's there while you 're eating... just let her know that most of the time you don't mind sharing, there are some special items that you want to last... mine is on a liquid diet now, so I don't have that problem!

Tell her your food is not included in her wages.

That is a tough one. Let her know that she put you in this ackward position, but you have to address it. My husband is to the point where he is having trouble eating and has a PEG tube for tube feedings. When you can eat, you want your favorites and cherish the food you can eat. Let her know that. As long as you can eat you want what people have brought you from the kindness they bring to YOU. Also, my husband's doc told him there is very little to fight this monster ALS, but one of the few ways was to keep the weight on! He told him to be overweight than under and he would have an easier time. TELL HER YOU NEED THE FOOD. Maybe tell her that it bothers you so much you came here to ask our advice. Then show her the posts!... I don't know that 's a tough one!

Lupe are you ok now? Did you get it sorted out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back