Jason's Dream

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
As Usual
City
On My Own
Going to an ALS support meeting that is going to be hosted at a pALS house. We are to bring a food item. I wanted to bring an pALS friendly dish. I remember Jason had a hard time with cakes/muffins/ chips/ peanut butter/ salad/etc. I thought about a creamy mac-n-cheese and a juicy baked beans, but I think one cALS said her pALS has a hard time with dairy fleming him up. Any ideas? TIA.

Becca, How wonderful that you are able to go to the support meeting! You are very strong.

I think your recipes sound great. Some may be able to do the creamy pasta. I know my husband ate creamy pasta dishes for a very long while. If you are concerned about the dairy, maybe you could make a flavorful tomato based sauce instead.

A thick blended soup may also be an option, but I don't know how difficult that would be to serve, etc...

My husband has a real hard time with holding silverware. Last time We went out to eat, he did finger food. Pizza and chese sticks. If he was there, he wouldnt eat if he had to use silverware. He LOVES five crispy treats, however, he can pretty much eat anything still. I will give this some more thought.

Moderated. Just suggested food for folks who have a difficult time holding silverware

How about egg salad or chicken salad? it can be pureed so it is smooth enough for many pals and still be appetizing for those who don't need pureed. can eat with a fork, spoon, crackers or bread.

I meant to say Rice Crispy Treats. He loves them made with fruity pebbles.

These are all wonderful suggestions.....I'm loving your mac and cheese and your beans. My pALS eats plenty of both. I think whatever you bring will be graciously accepted with the generousity with which it is brought, but the most important part of it will be the condiment....YOU!

Congratulations on this important part of your healing! We'll be with you in spirit.

Thanks for all the help and food suggestions. Turns out, my daughter contracted Pneumonia, so we didn't go after all. :( Thanks again.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter! I hope she is feeling better very soon. With you as her caregiver, she is in the best of hands.

Whether you were able to go or not, I congratulate you on your step taken. Give yourself a hug!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back