Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Manitoba
City
The Pas
I just wanted to let everyone know that my Dad passed away last Thursday (Feb. 15th). It's been a very difficult time. He got pneumonia and it was like he just couldn't fight any longer. His passing was peaceful, but heartbreaking.

I'm thankful that I have been fortunate enough to have had the support of this forum. You are all truly wonderful, caring people.

God bless and take care.
JMH

Hello JMH. Sorry to hear of you loss. This must be a difficult time for you. I hope you have family and friends nearby. Come back and visit us anytime you feel like it! Cindy

Oh JMH. So sorry for you. It is so difficult to know what to say in these circumstances as nothing one says will help. Time will heal the pain of your loss. Your Dad will be forever alive in your heart and your thoughts. My condolences to you and your family.

Anna

Hi JMH. Thank you for letting us know about your dad's passing. I am so very sorry for your loss. I can remember when you first came on the forum not long ago seeking information. I know it has been hard on you and the family since then and hope he is at peace. Please accept the condolences of myself and the rest of the als forums group.
AL.

JMH Please accept my condolences. Your Dad is with my Ben now (died 12/6/2006 ALS) sharing stories and watching over us. I hope you can fing some comfort in that. God Bless you

Donna

JMH -

My sympathies to you and your family at the loss of your father. I hope good memories of him will sustain you during this difficult time.

Liz

JMH- You and your family have my deepest sympathy as you experience the loss of someone so dear to you. A father is irreplaceable in life, but now he is always with you though in a different way. My father died from ALS 2 months ago, and the grief still washes over me in waves, but I am also able to laugh sometimes. I remember at 2 weeks I felt still numb and so, so tired. However you are experiencing your grief, know that it is your way and follow your heart.

JMH, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad your dad's passing was peaceful. Please be very good to yourself in your grief. Sharon

Thank you all for your care and understanding. Everything seemed to happen so fast that at times I still feel like it's not real. I find that it helps to remind myself that Dad has gone to be with Mom, and that they are both free from pain and worry.
In the midst of losing Dad we have just found out that my mother-in-law has been diagnosed with cancer. They say God never places more on our shoulders than we can handle but at times I wonder.
Take care all - I wish everyone the best and will drop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing.
JMH

Hi JMH. I hope your MIL's cancer is highly treatable and I wish her a speedy road to recovery. Regards, Cindy

Dear JMH

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father ... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you face the challenges with your mother in laws health. Sincerely Caring Daughter

You are in my prayers.

Dear JMH, sorry about your loss. I was diagnosed in September 2006. You are in my prayers.
Take care and God bless. Lee

Jmh

Hi JMH,

Please accept my condolences regarding your Dad's passing. My mom lost her battle 3 years, 3 months, 19 days ago. It is a hard road to walk. I can only hope that we all meet our lost loved ones somewhere where there is no ALS, no cancer.

How are you holding up? I'm also very sad to hear about your mother-in-law. I will pray that she will be okay.

Please take care of yourself.

SoniaT

Jmh

Hi JMH:

So sorry for you dad's loss, but think that nobody dies if we keep them on our thoughts,
now your dad is resting in peace.
Hope your mother-in-law can fight the cancer she's now facing, my prayers for both.

Sincerely,

Paty
Husband's caregiver
DX 10/17/06
Baja California, Mexico

JMH
my condolances on the loss of your father...we lost my mother in law last nov/06 and i still don't believe it sometimes..I find myself picking up the phone to tell her something (even though its been a year since she lost her speech and quit using the phone). I think I was in the numb stage and its now starting to sink in....I do have pictures of her and my kids that flash by on my computer and i can smile.
We do seem to get more then we can handle sometimes but somehow we get through it all...I hope that your mother in law comes through this ok

I still find myself drawn to this site...i find comfort in all the posts and hope that some day our experience with this disease can help someone else

Jodie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back