Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
Hi folks,

I'm Rob Davis, reporter at voiceofsandiego.org, a nonprofit online daily in San Diego, Calif. I'm trying to find any ALS patients who've sought stem cell treatment from Medistem/Cell Medicine/the Institute for Cell Medicine in Costa Rica and now Panama. I'm on deadline working on a story about their treatment and am looking for anyone who's traveled there or talked to them about it. I'll explain more if you send me an email at [email protected] or call me at my desk: 619.325.0529.

Thanks much.
Rob

ROB DAVIS
voiceofsandiego.org
Office: 619.325.0529
Fax: 619.325.0530
Twitter: @robwdavis

I couldn't think of anyone off hand but I'm sure somebody here has talked about them. Anybody's memory better than mine?

AL.

I spoke with them. Unlike the other "stem cell clinics" outside of the US, they spent a lot of time going into my medical history and decided that my particular case was not likely to benefit. They were extremely knowledgeable about current US clinical trials and referred me to a clinical trial in Louisiana in which adult stem cells were used. This saved me a lot of money and gave me hope while letting me stay in the US.

I called a friend to see what they have been doing recently and noticed that they were purchased by the founder of Medivation, Sergey Sablin, who sold his drug to Pfizer for 200 million.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back