Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
UK
State
Aberdeenshire
City
Aberdeen
I have posted on here, worrying about my symptoms, and had been getting better in trying to convince myself that I was ok. Until today.

Today I had a feeling in my middle finger like a sudden electric shock. It was really strong, as if I had just touched an eletric fence. And it made my whole finger jump.

I had kind of convinced myself that my other symptoms, ie fasiculations, tingling, pain in my arm were stress induced. I have never ever had this 'electric shock' sensation before, but I know my Mum gets it. (She has advanced ALS) Do you know if it can be stress related, or is it a more definite sign of ALS?

I have ALS going on 6 yers and at the beginning, before I was diagnosed, I had frequent "Shocks" all over my body, but especially in my head. I still get them from time to time, and sometimes I feel a "pop" in my head. If your mum has ALS, it might run in the family.Does anyone else in your family have it? Why keep guessing and find out if you have ALS. Go to an ALS clinic and have an EMG.

There is no one else in my family who has it. My Mum was only diagnosed in August, although is already nearly fully paralysed. I keep thinking the chances of me having it, especially so soon after her diagnosis are really unlikely. But then I keep getting symptoms which I know she has had it it worries me silly. However I don't think I have any obvious weakness, so I would guess it would be too soon to go for an EMG anyway?

I've never had the shocks, tremors or any sensory issues other than recently my chin feels numb. I'd bet most of your issues are anxiety related although I'm not a doctor.

AL..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back