Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar deal going....my Neurogist was personable, but he would never commit to a diagnosis and always ended our discussions with: "But we cannot rule out ALS".

Finally I had enough and pushed him to refer me to the ALS Clinic. Unfortunately there was a diagnosis provided, but better to know. Also; better that it was PLS.

I am back from Cleveland Clinic and Dr Pioro does not think I have ALS or PLS. I am not presenting with classic symptoms, I think the arm and tongue tingling part. He did not think the leg was showing spasticity. The emg was done on my whole right side, not just my leg. I was probably poked more than 50 times compared with only 15 times when done at the other neuro. He also had a unique ALS protocol to be done of my MRI of the brain, that was normal. He wondered about inflammatory something, and ordered a lumbar puncture, so I am going back in 2 weeks and will know 2 weeks after that. He also does not think its MS.
I am relieved.
It is worth it to see someone who specializes in ALS.
My neuro who had said probably PLS, specializes in peripheral nerves.
A friend once said, "you have G.O.K. ...God only knows"
I think that's the closest some of us can get.

now your diagnosed without pls..or als...now thats good..very very good...take care.....johnno

That is Good news...No PLS as previous doc suggested...The is Wonderful!. I hope you can get to the bottom of this and it can be cured or treated. Keeping you in my thoughts.{{HUGS}}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back