08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Hey Friends

Does anyone know what could make your tongue feel as if it's been scalded? Nothing new in diet--haven't even EATEN anything hot in days (too lazy to cook) But, my tongue HURTS--which is just weird.

I have a sore in my mouth, too--but that could be from biting it in my sleep.

Any ideas? Cold soothes it for a few minutes, but then it's right back.

Oh--and no taste--nothing tastes right, either. Everything tastes very weird.

Do you use inhalers? Maybe thrush from steroids.

AL.

That was one of my first bulbar symptoms along with slurred speech. Felt like I had drank something too hot.

Sometimes medications can affect your tonque and your taste buds. That tip of my tongue feels like needles much of the time and I noticed that my food generally has a metallic taste. I've been told that the medicines are what cause the metallic taste but nobody seems to be able to tell me about the needles. My mouth is extremely dry no excess saliva and talking becomes very difficult after a few sentences. I sound to myself like a drunk!

Anything citrus seems to have a clear taste, and causes my mouth to have some saliva -- at least for a few minutes. :) I try to keep a glass of water with lemon nearby and sip on it often. Of course, since I have to use a straw to drink, I have to be careful that the water doesn't go straight down my throat.

I noticed when I started taking Creatine that my tongue would tingle... also diet soda makes it tingle

Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure what it could be. I haven't changed any meds. Been on the same ones for at least 5 months. No white--so not thrush, I don't think (I've had that from steroid inhalers--nasty)

No, this just feels like my tongue is burned. I've been constantly thirsty for probably ten years. I'm never without something to drink. I can't understand myself if I let my mouth get dry.

Wait--there is one new med--Lyrica. I'll have to look it up and see if it's a potential side effect. I can only take it at night because it makes me see double.

hi notme,
I also have this sensation towards the back of my tongue. No clue what it is, but my tongue feels as if it is slowly getting weaker. I have noticed a slight slur developing over the past month, tongue seems to get in the way more. No diagnosis for me, limbo land for a year.

HI

There isn't any weakness in mine at all--just slurring at night or when my mouth is dry (nothing new for me) The burning won't go away. It's not a tingle. It feels like I drank too hot something--rather, like I'm constantly drinking something too hot. It hurts if I run my teeth over it. Definitely weird.

Everything still tastes weird. Had to stop the lyrica as it was making me see double. Didn't help the tongue pain, though.

No inhalers, Al. I stopped them after the last time I got a nasty thrush infection in my mouth and stomach.

Just very confusing and uncomfortable.

Maybe a zinc deficiency?

Dunno, susan

I'm now taking B-12 shots and Vit D prescriptions as those were low.

I'm more concerned that this might all be autoimmune somehow, as those lab values prompted the neuro I see to suggest a rheumy.

I finally got my daughter into a free clinic to be seen--she's anemic, extremely low iron, sedrate high and her b-12 is only 100--but they didn't order B-12 for her. Just told her to take a multi-vitamin and said she needed to see a rheumy.

My B-12 was almost 200 (within normal range) but the metabolizing one was off--and I'm taking shots--so I'm going to dose the kid with them and see if she starts to feel better. Got her some Vit D, too.

I'm beginning to think that whatever is going on with us is something genetic that I've passed on to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back