CALS
Country
US
State
MA
City
Worcester
So here goes...

My DH has been my mom's lift since the transmission went on a handicap van we bought a couple of years ago.

He's had his lower back fused & is waiting to have surgery on his right shoulder till we get a van.

I am in Worcester, MA and can afford $5k - $7k for a dependable van. Although it's not much I'm hoping someone sees this and knows of someone who is selling in this area.

I'm willing to travel to New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Connecticut if the price is right and the van is in good condition.

I've been looking for months but have had little luck. I've tried Craigslist in several cities finding only a few that might have worked out but didn't:roll:

Please reply or send me a private message.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Trixie, I have found a source for disabled vans with many, many listed. I bought my 1999 Town and Country there several years ago and it has worked well for me. There is currently a 1998 IMS conversion Dodge Caravan in North Carolina for fifty five hundred bucks. (Trying not to draw the attention of the moderator here). I will try to post a l i n k to it an a second post but if it not allowed, look for disabled dealer. You can also search on these forums for it and you will find the post with the site back when such things were permitted.

John

Trixie, I tried to PM you as you suggested but you have not posted enough to have that permitted. Here is the essence of it but I removed the l i n k to disableddealer dot c o m.

I know all too well how key it to have a wheelchair van. When you get to the site you can sort the list by value or state. There are many good deals here, especially from private sellers but some are also overvalued so watch out. I bought my van in California despite living in Newfoundland. Even though it was 4000 miles away, I talked to the owner enough to have confidence in him and then had him take it to the local Chrysler dealer to check out the car. I paid a few hundred bucks for a thorough inspection and bought it on that basis. I contacted a car carrier service to bring it across the continent to Boston where I picked it up. Worked out fine. I'm still driving it and have put over 100,000 miles on it since getting it.

Good luck,

John

John1,

My heart skipped a beat when I saw your posts. However, I've been at this soooo long that I actually have that site as one of my favorites. I did go see one of the veh's on it before it was recently updated but they failed to mention all the rust. I have seen some really great vans there but unfortunately none that I can afford right now.

Thanks for your help, I'm sure your info will also help others on this site as well.

You live in the heart of the rustbelt so if you're looking for an older van, I think you will have to look further south - one of the reasons I suggested the North Carolina car. Not too far from you but far enough south that salt is only something they sprinkle on their food.

trixiebme, have you tried Compassionate Care ALS, located on Cape Cod? Ron may know where to direct you to find a van locally... he just provided me with a scooter (as seen in my picture) and ramps for my porch. You can do a search and should come up with their website. Good luck!

My bad.

I suggested PMs to Trixie instead of posting her actual phone # and email address.

If anyone has information for Trixie, they can PM me and I'll forward it to Trixie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back