Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
ca
City
portola valley
My husband has recently been having problems with excessive mucus. Would appreciate any suggestions that might help. Thanks, Bev

Papaya nectar is supposed to be a help. I use the new cough syrups for phlegm and they help.

AL.

There are also mucous relief tablets at the pharmacy. I use Papya nectar 2 cans a day and it does help.

Rox

I drink papaya nectar and use the suction machine. The cough assist contraption pulls mucus out of my lungs, so that helps to control when it shows up.

Bev IM glade you posted this. i for the past three days started to have to use suction machine throughout the day

increase water intake as much as possible as this helps to keep secretions thin. and what the others have mentioned- thats all good stuff too. do you have a suction machine yet?

I have never heard of papaya nectar. Where do you get it? Grocery store?

When ever my hubby gets the yucky sound in his chest I immediately act by putting a grounded musinex into his tube. The ALS center said that I should not do this....but it is the only thing that has worked for us.....so I will continue. The key for my hubby is to act immediately and give him the musinex...just our experience. Good luck...it is always scary.

kelly- can i ask why theyve told you not to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back