Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Round Hill
Does anybody have any experience with the zinger portable power wheelchair? Hubby can still walk, but tires quickly and his FVC is only 60%. He used a scooter on our last trip and thinks it may be helpful when we go out or to go around our neighborhood at home. The zinger looks cool, but he is losing his shoulders and his hands are weak. His thumbs and index fingers are good though. How hard is the zinger to operate? He likes to travel which is why I was looking at something more portable.

Tracy

I was looking at some of these as well for the same reason as your husband low FVC but my limbs still work although are weakening. I think the EZLite Cruizer would be better because it uses a joystick but does fold and is portable. If only it had a way of extending for head support then it would even be more useful for longer hmmmm

what i seen of it. we would need arms on it. the motor and cell i don't think i would go out alone with it. :)

Thanks for the feedback. Nikki, thanks for the link, that was helpful. I am thinking the EZ lite cruise might be better because if the joystick

if you get the ez lite let us know how it works out. I am very curious.

I have an EZ Lite as a loaner from the local ALS Society. I use it on the upper floor of our home. Though woodwork still flies and scratches still occur, I am happy with it. I would not have wanted to buy it, because it has limitations in adjustability. I'm getting fitted for my PWC on August 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back